Week 8: Aching
- This week I’ve spent a lot of time in the garden working on the raised beds that we had put in.
- When we had someone come redo our garden we didn’t ask them to also fill the raised sleeper beds that we asked them to build as we were going to do that ourselves. This apparently led them to believe they didn’t need to put backs on the raised beds. So this week I took delivery of some long planks and build some backs to the beds myself to stop the soil pushing against the fence (which would undoubtedly buckle).
- We also had a builders sack full of soil delivered which I had to carry through the house in buckets as there is no other access to the garden. It wasn’t quite enough so we’ve got another one on order due to come this week.
- Lifting heavy planks, operating a hand saw, and carrying buckets of soil are outside of my usual exercise and my body is definitely feeling that now.
- We watched the new Mary Poppins at the weekend. It was lovely, my only real takeaway was my mind boggling at having to employ people to go and manually light every street lamp back before electric bulbs or igniters.