Week 14: Easter
- I’m getting into the rhythm of lockdown now, which is good because it’s showing no signs of ending soon.
- After getting some pain in my back from trying to work at the dining room table and sofa, this week I decided to stack a side table onto a cupboard to make a standing desk. It’s made my back better, but the heals of my feet were aching towards the end of the week. I’m envious of people on my video call meetings with their home offices and desk chairs.
- I moved the coat stand out of the living room and put it in the cupboard under the stairs. With summer coming and not being allowed to leave the house it didn’t seem important to keep coats out ready to grab.
- I didn’t realise the coat stand took up so much space! Without it the living room feels so much bigger. I guess that’s probably a permanent move and we’ll just live without coats now.
- My knee is still limiting me to 15 minute of jogging before it starts hurting, but I’m getting much faster for those 15 minutes so that’s a plus. I’ve started adding regular stretching into my day to try and improve my knee strength.
- The thought of using my turbo trainer was so unappealing that when I saw the shortage of them has driven the resale price up on ebay I listed mine. It’s now en-route to someone who hopefully needs it more than me for their lockdown.
- We watched Spider-Man: Far From Home this week. As someone who believes that the Homecoming is the best film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (and I’ve seen them all) I was pretty excited for this. While I enjoyed the film, this was definitely a move into a more serious “mature” Spider-Man than the original, which to me lost some of the original charm.
- Other notable events this week: I baked some brownies; and replaced my brake cables (inner and outers), gear cables (inner and outers), bar tape and brake pads. I can only hope next week is as action packed.