Week 45: Renovations
- This week I made a hastily informed choices about grouting colour and tile
layouts. I’ve never given much thought to the arrangement of tiles before,
for 20 minutes though it was all I was able to think about while I had to
make a decision so the tiler could start work. I’m hoping it can now go back
on the list of things I don’t have to think about.
- We started to watch Roadkill this
week. During the first episode we were slightly confused as to what was going
on lots of the time. Assuming that it was written as a who done it we went with
it assuming it would all make sense in the end. When we both missed what
was said just before the credits we decided to rewind 3 minutes and
watch it again in case it was important later. However, when I loaded up
Episode 1 again, and fast forwarded to the last 3 minutes it had a
different closing scene. Did we just watch the wrong episode first? So we
loaded up Episode 2, fast forwarded to the last 3 minutes… nope also not
this episode. What had we just watched?! We’d watched Episode 4… or the
- The Smart TV iPlayer interface had Roadkill listed in it’s recommended
episodes. I’d made an assumption that it would have worked like Netflix where
rather than recommending you actual episodes it was recommending you shows,
and clicking play would start that show from the beginning. The iPlayer model
however is built around episodes you can watch back, not seasons you should
watch from the beginning.
- Watching the first three episodes now feels a little pointless now we know
who did it. Bit of a shame as I was quite enjoying the episode we watched.
- We did manage to successfully watch Black Earth
Rising and The Trial of
the Chicago 7 this
week. They were both very enjoyable.
- It was good to have a weekend of sitting around doing basically nothing this
weekend. It feels like it’s been ages since we’ve done that.
- I’m starting to really look forward to a time when I can stop thinking about
home renovation, or paint colours, or socket placement for a couple of weeks.